Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tortilla Soup


Super quick and easy dinner. No cooking required!!!

2 roma tomatoes or 1 beef steak tomato, quartered
1/2 half lg.carrot
1 inch slice red pepper
1/4-1/2 avocado
2 T. onion- a good chunk
2 sprigs cilantro...but I add more than that. We love cilantro!
1 t. taco seasoning or any other seasoning you prefer
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. garlic powder. I use fresh.
2 cups HOT water


Blend in blender until creamy and then you can add a black beans and corn if desired. I do put a sprinkle of pepper jack cheese on it and it's sooo good. 

I eat mine with the "Because Food Should Taste Good" chips I buy in a big bag at Costco. What do you guys think of those? Have you tired them? 

1 comment:

  1. I love those chips. I haven't been buying them recently because it has sugar in them. But starting next week... I will be back at it again :)

    Good idea for blender soup! We haven't really made it that way before. Quick lunch idea, too!

    ReplyDelete