Sunday, May 19, 2013

carrot-apple mini muffins

This recipe is one that I have changed and changed again to get it the way that I like, so I am sure  you can make it flexible to your liking as well. I love making these as mini-muffins... the kids do better with that size. I also love to double and triple the batch because they freeze really well... 

I hope you enjoy this recipe!



Ingredients:

3 C whole wheat flour
3/4 C oat flour
3/4 C sugar or sugar substitue
3 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 C finely grated carrots
1 1/2 C applesauce (I usually just blend up raw apples)
3 eggs
3/4 C milk or milk substitute 
3/4 C coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla
3 TB milled flaxseed (soaked in 9 TB water)

Directions: mix dry ingredients, then wet and combine... bake @ 350 degrees for 10 min (for mini-muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment